Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropical Zone Gardening: Happy New Year...Ti for Thee, 1 by CordylineMad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CordylineMad

In reply to: Happy New Year...Ti for Thee

Forum: Tropical Zone Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy New Year...Ti for Thee
CordylineMad wrote:
Hello everyone....

I'm sorry I didn't find you guys earlier. I'm Kristy abd I'm the web master and editor for the International Cordyline Society. Check out the website at http://www.cordyline.org I think some of you have already had a look. We are updating it all the time, I currently have 100's more photos I need to put on. If only there were more hours in a day!!

I would like to clear up a few bits of information that I have seen posted wrong..... just so we all know the right information. All photos of cordylines posted have been Cordyline fruticosa, Cordyline terminallis is now longer a valid name. Although a lot of literature still refers to the Ti plant as Cordyline terminalis, this name is obsolete and now invalid. The correct name is Cordyline fruiticosa. Cordylines are known in Hawaii as Ti plants and yes Ti sounds like Tea.

Heck I know there was smore but I can't think now, but I am happy to join you all, I am very interested in Cordylines from all over the world. I have seen some wonderful treasures posted on here!! We have a growing membership in Hawaii and the US at the moment, it seems the love of cordylines is really growing. There has been a lot of named cordylines in here that are wrong... if you would like me to identify any for you let me know... : )

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or you can check the FAQ's on the website or email me via the website. If you have any info to pass onto me, I would love to hear from you too.

Hope to chat with you all soon.....
Kristy

Here is something new to wet your appetite! This is a new one named Turkish Delight.