Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: WHAT is stressing you out as the cold weather approaches? , 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: WHAT is stressing you out as the cold weather approaches?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of WHAT is stressing you out as the cold weather approaches?
Gitagal wrote:
stormy---

I went to PF on Clivias and read all the comments below the "Facts".....someone suggested I should read there and find out how to over-winter a Clivia.
I think I posted a Q on the Tropicals Forum......and then read through a huge amount of comments on the PF.
There seemed to be a consensus that Clivias should be kept cool and NOT be watered between November and February--so--a dormant period. I do not know whether, the fact that I just divided them, would make any difference in this advice. We shall see.......
Besides--IF I had not done what i am now doing--I would NOT have anywhere to put these 12 pots!!!!

RThere is a big, square table in the Shop--just under a 4' shop light. I do a lot of potting and gardeny stuff down there. This Shop is the 4th, and lowest, level in my house. It has NO heat vents down there--and NO light to speak of.

SO! I thought "PERFECT!".....I will have to chance it and see what happens. There are NO other alternatives!

Here they are--and where they will remain--for the rest of the Winter...