Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: Morning Glories 2009 #19, 1 by beckygardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright beckygardener

In reply to: Morning Glories 2009 #19

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Morning Glories 2009 #19
beckygardener wrote:
I have some I. indica seeds from someone (possibly Antoinette). So will start those this Spring, too. I definitely want to get some seeds from those vines I have. They are perennials, not annuals. I have to grow them in a pot though, as I can't let them run amuck in my yard! I suspect they would be highly invasive. But they behave quite well in a container for me and the blooms make it worth the effort of growing this species of MG! :-)

I have some vines in my indoor windowsill pots (which have seed pods on them). The vines are not doing well, but I saw this bloom this morning. At first glance I thought it was a solid purple bloom. Upon closer inspection, I see all the speckles! This is a dark purple Fujishibori. I believe the seed came from A. Love the deep color and so many freckles! :-) The leaves look pathetic, but surprisingly, it had lots of pollen. So I made a little trip outside to the Sazanami blooms! LOL! I can only dream ... that such a cross would take! LOL!

This message was edited Oct 16, 2009 12:13 PM