European Gardening: Where are you? Part 2, 1 by NEILMUIR1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright NEILMUIR1

In reply to: Where are you? Part 2

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you? Part 2
NEILMUIR1 wrote:
Dear Resin, my mother and her family came from Consett County Durham and it could get a bit cold up there. My father and his family came from Nothallerton in north Yorkshire and then moved to a cottage near Blubberhouse moor, I lived there till I was eight.
It could get very cold on the moor! We all moved down to London due to my fathers work, it was quite hot here to what I was used to living on the side of the moor. Now I live on the London, Kent border, so it was quite amusing to see my six year old in February of this year amazed with snow.
We do get the odd sprinkle, but for where we live we did get quite a bit this year, and the temperature dropped to -12.2℉, which is cold for us.
I go every year to see the family up north and to see my aunt in Fraserburgh, which is in Aberdeenshire and it is bad in the winter up there.
It is quite pleasant at the moment as it is 53.6℉ which I believe is 12℃, although they say in the centre of London it could go up to 64.4℉ or 18℃.
Regards form London/Kent.
Neil.
p.s. I was most worried about my Dicksonia antarctica (s), they did have some straw on them but they did come through that cold snap fine.
I enclose a picture I took this morning.