Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Orchids: Show me your Mini and Small Orchids :), 1 by MaypopLaurel

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright MaypopLaurel

In reply to: Show me your Mini and Small Orchids :)

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Show me your Mini and Small Orchids :)
MaypopLaurel wrote:
Stu, I've got a few true minis and then there are the younger ones that are just small. The only current photo I have is this tiny Pleurothallis talpinaria in a two inch pot. It's my first but I'm definitely wanting more. It's been blooming since last April or May, so it's a mini with bang! This is not the best photo. I've posted better photos every month on the bloomers thread. New flowers continually open from the thread-like stems above the previous flowers. Always learning myself, I didn't realize this and was dead-heading the original blooms. Argh! I'll try to update with some other mini pics in a few days. Ursula's recommend list is fantastic if you are wanting to learn about minis. She posted a Pleurothallis from her collection recently that really caught my eye. I adore Restrepias, which were on her list, and had quite a few S. American ones in my early collections. I've not gone looking for them this time around (yet).

An unexpected message from JAX (Jeremy), who is on his way to GA today with new bride in tow, has left me pondering dinner possibilities for tomorrow. No time for new photos now. I'll get back with you soon though.
Laurel