Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Cottage Garden Seed Swap and Chat #41, 1 by SingingWolf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SingingWolf

In reply to: Cottage Garden Seed Swap and Chat #41

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Cottage Garden Seed Swap and Chat #41
SingingWolf wrote:
Hey I miss you guys too!
Yes, you can collect the gourd seeds. I'm disappointed that some of them didn't germinate for you. I usually let the gourd dry out completely, then cut it open and remove the seeds. That is all, except for storing them in a dry place. Usually in a baggy with a paper towel and open until I'm sure they are dry, then I remove the paper towel and bag 'em. Some of the ornamental gourds are temperamental and like it hot, soil temp that is.
I'm glad to hear some people had good luck growing the strawberry popcorn.
Hey listen, I do answer dmail on a daily basis. So if you have questions, dmail me.
I am trying really hard to get healthy and get my dog contained and my house cleaned. I have been working on the garden and in the greenhouse too.
Mom is up and walking and back in her own house. Her memory isn't so great, but it never was. We just try to take it one day at a time.
I can't remember who sent these guys to me, but the edible hibiscus are alive, if not well. I have to go give them another shot of insecticidal soap. Sigh! I planted some of them out in the yard, but between the bugs and DH none survived. Sigh! They sure are pretty! Understand they are tasty too! I'll have to try them but not until after the bugs are gone, gone, gone!
WIB!
SW

Yes, that is a pineapple growing to the bottom right of the photo. I felt sorry for it at the sale counter at the grocery store. It loves the gh. SW