Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Meet my soon to be here new baby, 1 by hart

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hart

In reply to: Meet my soon to be here new baby

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Meet my soon to be here new baby
hart wrote:
Bec, I remembered your dog is named Bandit and they do have similar coloring, don't they? We'll have to schedule a Banditfest. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCNx55zuRmY This video of a grown Boston cracks me up, the smart little booger, and will show you what they look like as adults. Or see a bunch of photos here:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=boston terrier&FORM=IGRE...

They're pretty small dogs but the range is wide - from 10-35 lbs. About the same size as a pug except not as bulky in the body and longer legs. If you look at the video, you can see he's about the same size as a French bulldog too.

The standard Boston is black and white like Bandit but there are also brown (red) and white ones and brindle and white ones. They don't have real large litters. He was one of six. I liked the breeder a lot. They only breed their females once a year, wait until they're fully mature before breeding them. Breed for personality and health. Raise the puppies with a lot of attention so they're very socialized.

Debbie, the last few days have been awful. Jello was such a joy and it seems like everything I do reminds me of her. I was home most of the day Wednesday because my sister is up and spending a lot of time with Mom. I kept thinking all day, "If I had been home last Wednesday like I am today, maybe I could have saved her." Not a good place to go mentally I know but my brain has a mind of its own. heh My sister was the one who actually encouraged me to go ahead and get a new puppy now.

BTW, this is my sister's miniature dachshund in his Frankenstein costume for Halloween. He weighs about 11-12 pounds.