Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Chincoteague and Assateague Islands, Virginia, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Chincoteague and Assateague Islands, Virginia

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Chincoteague and Assateague Islands, Virginia
Gitagal wrote:
VA_Wild_Rose,

Thank you for your kind words!
As I have gotten older--the reality that holding on to things that are "mine" mean less and less.
It gladdens me to share and to give away. I have 2 daughters--one lives here and the other lives in Seattle.
I guess the parent has to die before they really want anything I own. So far--not really. It does make me sad that all my offers are refused. Oh well--They will have to duke it out after i am gone!

Sorry you did not get any of those beautiful Conch Shells! Didn't one of your photos show one in the sand?
Do you know what has happened to them?
- Is it the change of the currents?
- Is it people getting up at 4AM to go and scrounge them all?
-Do they no longer wash up at all?
-What is a "whelk"?

I want to show you the painting EVERYONE wants. It is destined to go to my daughter/SIL that live here......
It was painted from the cover of one of the Nature magazines of some sort......

I posted most of my paintings once when I was still active in the Best and Worst..and What have I Learned on "General Discussion and Chat" Forum. It is now on part #68(?)...It moves so fast.....Too much yakkety-yak for my taste and too much negative energy on it too. It almost seemed like a "cult"......So--I got out of it.

I will see if I can track it down.....Gosh! It must be somewhere on part #13 or so......Wish me luck!

Gita

Here are the Wolves......