Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice, 1 by franknjim

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright franknjim

In reply to: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I need fast growing Shade Tree advice
franknjim wrote:
My mini nursery keeps changing everytime the wind blows. I will buy a plant and turn it into ten plants. Plant a couple, save some for trade and give others away. I just gave 100 pots of perennials, 50 pots of annuals and a few small trees and shrubs to a local Memory Garden. I can't even count the number of bales of peat I have gone through making up my own potting mix.

This pic shows most of the shade plants I have sitting around in pots but not the Alocasia and Calocasias. I am in the process of cutting out a part of the driveway in order to have more shade beds. The hostas are sitting in the hole. I have almost half of it out so far. I have to move all the plants, turn the soil, add more soil, add, peat and compost, mix it up then I will be overwintering many pots there until spring. Then I will pull them all out and plant the beds with new hostas I haven't bought or received trading yet. I have been on here about a month now and have done 5 trades with a 6th in works now. Next spring I will trade big time. I love to propagate.