Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: ID from an eBay auction , 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: ID from an eBay auction

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ID from an eBay auction
wrote:
Here is the seller I mentioned above who sells what he calls Radiant Apogee. I have sent a message to him about the wrong name. If I was incorrect in names of my irises, I surely would want to know.

His seller name is awesomegems.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160358281...

Here is his message back to me:

Just thought I'd like to know? I beg to differ, I personally took that photo, and I carefully label each row of plants as I grow them, they are never mixed, and that flower was on a Radiant Apogee rhizome. I too purchased the rhizome quite a while back, and it was labeled as "Radiant Apogee" by the grower.
You see, I too have been growing for many years, and in my experience I have seen many plants produce flowers that may look very different from the other blooms, depending on when it blooms, or reblooms, and other factors. If you have never seen this I am surprised. I am quite taken back that you would accuse me of lying, or false advertising, just to sell a $1.50 rhizome. Sorry, but I don't do that, not at any price.

It is a he, judging form the photo he has posted. Read the bold print again. Is he nuts? The same variety would bloom the same flower no matter how many plants you have of that variety. What an excuse.

I wrote back and did then accuse him. Told him the photo wasn't his. Even has someone's name on the photo. I went to that link at the bottom of his listing and that company had the photo which was also wrong. He just don't want to know the truth. Grrr!!

Below is my Radiant Apogee. Quite a difference

Edited for spelling

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 9:45 PM