Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice, 1 by franknjim

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright franknjim

In reply to: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I need fast growing Shade Tree advice
franknjim wrote:
Here is my new and improved upside down Silver Maple. I did it to be unusual plus a little because I really dislike those trees because of the roots. It's payback. It takes you 1 minute to dig a hole, it takes me 1 hour to dig the same hole.

Tonight I picked up 11 shrubs, mostly the low lying junipers of different cultivars from 12" max height to 24" max height. Two in 1 gal pots and the rest in 2 & 3 gal pots for $55.00 including tax. I am wanting to eliminate all of the grass in the front yard. Will be moving in a lot of different groundcovers. Also picked up a dwarf Spirea and a Low Grow Sumac. I put in a Tiger Eyes Sumac a few weeks ago. I have been mainly going with things that will not get huge when mature as I have a small yard and want to pack in as much as I can while keeping everything spaced properly. I hate it when people plant a Japanese Yew in a 2' wide strip of dirt between a house and a sidewalk. I cut out 3 of them this morning for my best friend that completely covered her sidewalk.