Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: ID from an eBay auction , 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: ID from an eBay auction

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ID from an eBay auction
wrote:
The one a seller on Ebay calls Wearing Rubies is not correct. I have written to her about it but she ignore it and swears it is correct. She just don't want to know. Who knows what you will get when you purchase it. Actually the photo is stolen from Scheriners catalog. I know this because I have the iris and it is Cat's Eye, a SDB iris and grow to 15" high. It has a big red thumbprint on rose. A pretty little Iris that blooms early. I will include MY photo of Cat's Eye below.

There is another seller with the same attitude that sells Radiant Apogee. Another stolen photo but the photo is not that Iris. I have that iris also.

Be careful when you see photos of Irises. If the iris is not posed in a garden, instead have a blurry background, or it is dark, the owner don't own the photo and God knows what iris you will be buying. It is easy to copy and paste a photo claiming you have it for sale, then send any kind of iris. It takes 1 year before you know and then can't leave feedback.

Anyone that sells irises should have their own photos of the iris. If not, I would not buy from them. I buy only from Shreiner and Cooleys. Never Ebay for irises for the reason mentioned above. I get so mad when I see this because I also sell plants on Ebay and would never consider being dishonest that way. I love Irises too much.

You can go to Scheriner's website and check it out in search. They should still have it.

Here is Cat's Eye photo taken May 20, 09.