Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of More Disabled Gardeners Laughing With Joy ..2
seacanepain wrote:
Bummer! Lots of blossoms on my strawberry plants, but not a single berry to be found. If I grew several different cultivars maybe I could have an uninterrupted supply.

Good point about the hats, Carrie. DW rarely goes outside without a hat and people have mistaken her for my daughter, despite the fact she is older than I am. I brown easily so never bothered with hats or skin protection even when I lived in the desert. I guess this is when I pay for the tan I thought was so cool looking way back when.
Rearranging the WC garden area to make room for a few more beds. The figure Kay is working with for the best distance betwixt and between things is 6’8”. That distance seems like overkill to me. Kay can’t remember exactly where she came up with that figure. A.D.A. recommendations or from Mike, she thinks. Does that distance sound right to you, Carrie?

Can I put some green leaf cannas in your spring package as well, Vickie? If that is too much, you could always give some to your DD to take care of. LOL. (Jim)

Photo: Green leaf canna in flower.