Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tomatoes & Peppers: Harvest Time!, 1 by melody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright melody

Subject: Harvest Time!

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Harvest Time!
melody wrote:
Yep,y'all read correctly.I have my first tomatoes of 2003.I've been down with a crashed hard drive(nothing like waking up and you computer tells you that the hard drive isn't there...akkk)

Anyway,I have the senile old beast resurected again and am back.

I harvested my first 2 tomatoes this last week while I was off line and enjoyed them like no others I've ever had.These were grown in my greenhouse and the taste wasn't good enough to make my eyes roll back in my head,but they did bring a smile to my face for sure.

They were nice sized and blemish free...hopefully,the other ones will go ahead and ripen too.We had our first frost last night,and while it wasn't a 'killin' frost' it was quite substantial.

They are from the rooted suckers that my Uncle Joe brought me and I have no name,but as they were PL and pink,I'm suspecting Pruden's Purple.The flesh was solid without big divisions for seeds(locules?Carolyn?)

Anyway,here they are on a full sized dinner plate with a fork so you'll have a frame of refrence as to how big they are.