Photo by Melody

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice, 1 by franknjim

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright franknjim

In reply to: I need fast growing Shade Tree advice

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I need fast growing Shade Tree advice
franknjim wrote:
The backyard is the dogs domain, for now, so I have to put up temporary protection for anything I plant back there. Eventually I will split the yard with a picket fence so the dogs can have part of the yard to play and I can landscape the rest. As you can see, I like little lap dogs! In time I plan on having solid canopies of all different types of trees in both front and back yards. The Bald Cypress is the perfect tree for that spot due to the fact that area turns into a small pond everytime it rains and these trees like to sit in water. This was the only tree I paid full price for at $119.00. I just had to have it. I will be staking this one to straighten it up. My three balled and burlapped trees will be here in two days. The 32" ball Louisa Crab goes in the back, easy digging but moving that ball will be the hard part. I think the other two have 24" balls. Easier to move but they get planted in my front yard. The root and concrete zone!