European Gardening: Where are you? Part 2, 1 by Twincol

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Twincol

In reply to: Where are you? Part 2

Forum: European Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where are you? Part 2
Twincol wrote:
Dale, these are wonderful pics. Awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us. The "garden with a view" in The City is very pretty. I especially liked the pink and violet flowers in the foreground; they are lovely. And the garden with the stone path is gorgeous. Is that a photo from when you lived there?

The pics of the geraniums are lovely. I have a difficult time keeping them moist enuf here in Fresno. Orange isn't one of your favorite colors, huh? The remaining photos following the orange beds display a mixture of colors which are certainly eye-catching, aren't they?

Your photos sure illustrate a vacation visit which was an eye candy adventure. So, if I'd known you were in SF I'd have understood your temps. I used to drive from Fresno to San Francisco every two weeks for violin lessons. Made that trip over nearly three years and never really adjusted to how the seasons always seemed to be reversed from our inland seasons. Winters in SF were bright and sunny, warmer; summers were overcast, foggy, cooler. Very odd juxtaposition. But I never have lost my love of The City since childhood and living in Walnut Creek, with my father's office in Oakland. We visited SF often. When I had an opportunity to attend The University of San Francisco "up on the hill," in my late 30's, I jumped at the chance. If I were to move out of Fresno with a choice to go wherever I wanted, my first choice would be The Cotswolds in England, my second, San Francisco, an international city in its own right.

Thanks for uploading the photos of your vacation. And, BTW, if you mean that the topiary garden is a "work in progress" because it will grow up, change, I've bad news for you. It's looked like this for a number of years. But, if you mean that the "work in progress" is continually working on it, I'd guess you are right. Imagine keeping all those topiaries under control.

Linda

Here's a path I poured several years ago to maneuver between a bed next to the house foundation and a 10X10 foot concrete patio pad, speaking of paths.