Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Shhhh, Don't tell anyone but it's raining., 1 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

In reply to: Shhhh, Don't tell anyone but it's raining.

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Shhhh, Don't tell anyone but it's raining.
lovelyiris wrote:
The picture above is when we got about 8 inches in one day. The pond and everything else around here flooded. It was crazy and didn't do us very much good. I think most of my catfish are probably in the Gulf Coast by now from that Gully Washer. LOL

As for this rain it has been a very nice slow shower for most of the entire day. It did rain hard a couple of times but then it would lighten up and just be a nice soft slow soaking rain. We've needed this in the worst way as everything is hot, dry, and a tender box just waiting for someone to toss a cigarette on the ground and burn up all of East Texas.

All of Texas has been needing rain and we're just grateful that we got some. I even threatened to wash the car so it would rain. LOL All last week we had clouds all around us and nary a drop of rain.

I think if you can look at the left bottom side of the photo you can see the water running over the dam and flooding everything downstream. Shhhhh, it's ok with me if we get this slow soaking kind of rain for several days.

Happy Gardening, Marian