Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: Butterfly Garden Friends, 1 by goldendomer1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright goldendomer1

In reply to: Butterfly Garden Friends

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Butterfly Garden Friends
goldendomer1 wrote:
Yesterday, I was doing my weekly shopping at wally world and, as I sometimes do, went outside to the Garden Center to see what they had stacked up on the clearance tables.

Lo and behold on the perennial table I saw two (only) look-alikes to my mysterious pink sedum. They looked perfectly healthy and pretty sitting in one gallon pots for $3 a piece. What a surprise! What a deal! I quickly picked them up and put them in my cart as if someone else was going to swoop in ahead of me and snatch them away. An infantile fear no doubt rooted in my childhood.

When I got home, the first thing I wanted to do was to put these two puppies in the ground. When I held up the root ball after taking it out of the pot, a butterfly flew from a nearby Pink Delight bloom to land on it. For sure an encouraging sign that was. Talk about ‘the luck of the Irish’ I thought.

As I stepped back to take a picture, I was wondering if everyone knew what a friend to the butterfly gardener the oft’ maligned wally world could be.

…anyone care to share thoughts on that subject?