Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......
Gitagal wrote:
And--after 2 hours of "laboring"-----Here are the final results. Like I need another 12 pots of something to find room for in the house for the Winter!!!!! Bah--Humbug!

Got a "wake up" call dealing with these plants.....had read that the juices of the leaves might give an allergic reaction to some people. Well-- I had always touched them and all that and had never had any problems--BUT, today--I cut the long leaf-fronds short as I re-potted them--and all of a sudden, my arms started having a prickly feeling to them. More and more.....I remembered reading (on DG) about how this can happen and realized that I was just being careless with handling the fresh-cut leaves......

I ran down to the Laundry room and washed my arms well with brown soap. Dried them off and then went to the bathroom and slathered them with Cortisone Cream. Then pulled old sock-tops over them as i continued (carefully) with all the rest of the "onions".....being aware of NOT getting any of the fresh-cut leaves in contact with my skin.
It did the trick. Will now be more careful in the future......

Here is pic of all the new pots and cell packs that I ended up with after my labors were done with.
The cell-packs have all the bean sized/marble sized baby "onions" in them.

HELP!!!!!!!! Where will I put all these in the house??????