Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......, 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring/Summer/now Fall Projects.....cont'd......
Gitagal wrote:
Holly--

I do not think so.....The seeds (very few) were from someone at the Seed Swap and they were really labeled as Butterfly Weed. I had asked for it for a long time if anyone had them--so someone had it and gave it to me.
The one in the picture is a young plant--as I said--from seed this Spring. Being it is a perennial (yes??) and it is blooming for me the first year, makes me very happy. It only has one stalk and is just 14"-16" tall. The blooms are definitely orange.

I know I mentioned this before-----to protect your lower arms from bugs, thorns and touching plants you should not touch----cut off the ribbed tops of worn out tube socks and slip them over your forearms.
Just remember NOT to use them to wipe your sweaty brow with. So handy for that!
IF you know that what you are working with is not poisonous or likely to give you a rash--it IS very handy to use your covered forearms to wipe your sweaty brow with.

Holly--I give you so much credit for all the hard work you do in your garden! Applause....applause......
I no longer have that kind of stamina. Used to haul all day long--NOT any more.....Old age sucks!
The mind is willing---but the body has all kinds of other plans.......

BTW--remember the "mystery plant" no one was ID'ing for me? It just started blooming. I already pulled up the bigger one--finally thinking it was a weed of some sort. Now there is a second one and it has started blooming.
What is it? Is it an annual or a perennial? Sorry about the fuzzy picture. Will take better ones later.....

Gita