Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Garden Shots 3-Let's see your late summer combos!, 1 by huggergirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright huggergirl

In reply to: Garden Shots 3-Let's see your late summer combos!

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Garden Shots 3-Let's see your late summer combos!
huggergirl wrote:
Lili,I have no idea it was a bag rose 3$, its not a cutting rose ,blooms dont have alot of petals,I will look at it later to see if there is a tag,whats cool about it is ,the areas of red is from the sun while the bud is growing and the red areas were yellow as the bud cover was splitting open leaving the small areas exposed to the sun awhile before the bud opened .Does that make sense ? ive been watching it soo cool.This is the 3rd flush of blooms,Ill bet I get another flush in oct if the weather holds.I was testing this rose ,just to see if and how it preformed,being a cheap one.My SIL always buys JP roses,waayyy to expensive,for what she does to them :( She loses 8 or so every year and replaces them and thinks thats the norm,geezz.I hate to see her roses they look horrible,she thinks they are great,no lush green, puny blooms, makes me sad,she use to use that city sludge on them ,I think that has a lot to do with why they dont do well ,lots of heavy metals in that crud now in her rose bed.