Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Shade Gardening: Favorite Astilbe?, 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: Favorite Astilbe?

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Favorite Astilbe?
rcn48 wrote:
'Skyrocket' is perfect there! We planted Skyrocket and Moonglow in conifer bed a few years back and lost the tags so not sure which is which, I just know I like one better than the other! I guess I'll find out which one it is soon because Skyrocket (2' wide) will work in that spot but Moonglow (5' wide) won't :( I included 'Wichita Blue' in my daughter's landscape plan because we needed something blue AND wide to fill the corner. Now I'm keeping fingers crossed it won't be damaged from snow sliding off the roof, a "problem" I hadn't factored in after being away from Maine for 10 years :( The Black Mondo Grass and Lysimachia should work although it's probably a good thing I waited to plant it because the pruning of the Crab overhead opened up a lot more light than I anticipated! Hopefully by next spring the Crab will send out enough new growth to return the spot to partial shade. Next time DH is armed with his new polesaw I'm going to supervise! I had just finished filling the bare spots in this area a few weeks before and when he pruned the Crab I was afraid they were going to "fry" :( The Lysimachia and Carex are in the far left corner.