Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Help Beautify the City Dave Lives In , 1 by lovelyiris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lovelyiris

Subject: Help Beautify the City Dave Lives In

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Help Beautify the City Dave Lives In
lovelyiris wrote:
Ok, I've been asked by someone to help get some named irises donated to be used in the city of Jacksonville Texas. As most of you probably already know this is the city where Dave (Dave's Garden) now resides. Let's put this little city that's tucked neatly into the Piney woods of East Texas on the IRIS map. We can do this if a bunch of people will give just give a little. Remember, it's better to give than receive or so my mother always taught me.

Anyway the Master Gardeners in Jacksonville have a project going on and could use some plants. They are going to have a bunch of of island beds and the MG's will be in charge of keeping them up, weeded, cleaned out etc. They will be teaching school kids all about plants with these beds too. Not only that, but they are going to be growing all kinds of different veggies for a food pantry. This really is a very good cause and I have 3 people from my iris society here in East Texas that are going to donate. If you would like to be a part of this no matter how big or small I'm sure that they would love to receive some of your plants.

If you want to help, contact me and I'll give you the contact persons name. By they way they too are a member of Dave's Garden, and one of the Master Gardeners. Thanks for any and all considerations no matter how small. We can make a difference one garden at a time.

Best Regards and Happy Gardening Everyone,
Marian

I