Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: New blooms, 1 by Sharkey

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sharkey

In reply to: New blooms

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of New blooms
Sharkey wrote:
I'm trying to be SO picky about which clems I plant in the front. I want to put some really good performers and pretty colors. But, I keep remembering what you said about one of the garden rules. You've got to be willing to re-do. You've been a good teacher, clem godmother.
I'll certainly keep you posted on these varieties. I also have a few more unfamiliar varieties in the nursery, such as Anna Louise. She's much smaller, only stems with buds now beginning to form. At least she is alive.
We have a tropical storm on the way shortly. The only good part is that I won't have to water for a few days. I've got to figure out how to keep the small pots from blowing away or ending up on the ground.
I just noticed that my very first blooms were open on Hagley Hybrid, planted this spring under crepe myrtle tree. I took a photo before storm ruins them. John Warren is also under there in a pot and they look very much alike to me. Is this HH? I thought it was supposed to be a darker pink.