Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Container Renovations 7! (smile), 1 by KatG

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KatG

In reply to: Container Renovations 7! (smile)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Container Renovations 7! (smile)
KatG wrote:
Thanks ge1836 - I just love those Thai Caladiums! I was surprised how nicely these guys came up this year again...a little mutated but really different!

Snowtop - those are California dwarf elephant ears. They're in a container about 24" tall by about 12" wide. The large leaf plants are Giant bird of Paradise and really need to be cut back. They've bloomed a lot this year, but they're really not the prettiest of blooms!

Tina Honey!!!!

I'm as mystified as you are! They sure don't look like regular sweet potatoes do they? I keep digging them up out of my pots and this weekend I dug up the "MOTHER". Thought I had dug them all out of this container last year!

Okay...I'm curious too!

Just cut off a little bit and tasted it! It's kinda sweet, but not the texture of a sweet potato. Very starchy like a regular potato. I don't know what to compare it to! Leaves kind of a nasty aftertaste.

Okay...I tasted it! I know I disappear off these boards every so often, but if I don't return tomorrow you'll know it's poison! hahaha

Here's a pic of the one I dug up this weekend and I chopped half of it off in the process...

Kat