Photo by Melody

Rocky Mountain Gardening: Hi for everyone in the Rockies! Question about hardiness of, 1 by skiekitty

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright skiekitty

In reply to: Hi for everyone in the Rockies! Question about hardiness of

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hi for everyone in the Rockies! Question about hardiness of
skiekitty wrote:
Pewjumper - That day was in Oct 05. I remember that day because I lost a full-sized ash tree in about 2 minutes. My DH & I had gotten up and looked outside and saw all the snow.. October 10th, 2005. So I was getting dressed so I could go outside & broom the snow off of my two trees in the back (mature silver maple & mature green ash) when I heard a loud POP like a gunshot and rushed outside to watch my beautiful huge green ash break in half right at the beginning of the crown! It lost EVERYTHING that day.. had an arborist look at it and he said that there was nothing I could do. Reason why this sticks out so well in my mind is I had just bought my house 2 months previously because it had 1 thing in specific: mature trees. :( :( :(

Horrible nasty day. I still made it to work (downtown Denver) and we had no electricity. Bossman wouldn't let us close up shop for the day.. even though we couldn't do ANYTHING and we were FREEZING (electric heat). That day SUCKED. :( :( :( Here's what my tree ended up looking like. :(