Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 1 by WayneCarter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WayneCarter

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
WayneCarter wrote:
Hi Jean, thank you for your welcome! A great day today winter pruning and then the mulching. One of my boys came over to help, so work halved and done in no time! We processed just on one cubic meter of mulch from Xylosma, Melianthus, Salvia and Tagetes. More to go tomorrow!

We were very fortunate to have "found" the mulcher. One of the care facilities that I work at has an old shed. I went there to find a rake and found tucked away at the back the mulcher. I discovered that the property once had a full time gardener on-site fully equipped. Long story short, the mulcher was off the books and free to take. A mechanic friend gave it the once over and a clean bill of health! :)

It will be handy not only here, but also with work. We can take it with us to work sites and the boys can use it. Talk about "win win"! We really could not afford to purchase a mulcher with this power.

The photo here was taken a few years back. We built a three bay compost system out of old cyclone fencing, star posts each bay being one cubic meter. Gosh, so many happy memories there with those compost bays, hard work combined with joy knowing where our fruits of labour would bloom! I love my work in disability service. :))

Time for a cuppa now.