Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.. We are still here after a rather quiet night. So far the forecast gale force winds etc have not visited here. We had a few strong gusts and a little rain but that was all. I hope noone else was hit by it.
I came home with no plants yesterday, but I did see a few around the nursery that were definitely past their use by date. Poor things. I may find one over in Mt Gambier next week when hubby goes to have his eye exam. He will then have the eye done the following week. Do you all find that any procedure with a doctor these days requires multiple visits ? I fail to see why all they need to know is not taken on the first visit then you just go back for whatever is to be done. It can be very expensive travelling back and forth.
I am going to throw a bit more coo poo around today while it looks like raining , so it can be rained into the soil.
Hello Steve, have you put up possum houses yet ? I hope you can salvage your grass tree, they are very slow growers so will take quite a while to get another to any size.
Hello Cody, that is a very pretty flower. Yes, I found that ducks and geese were very messy around the place when I used to have them.
Hello Louise, I would love to live with all those autumn colors..We do have some pretty areas over here where autumn color is about , but nothing like the trees in their natural forests as you have. Your garden definitely is very pretty. I hope the deer don't do too much damage. All I have to worry about here is the neighbours cat chasing the birds. We haven't got any large plant eaters. There are grubs and slugs but not a major problem.
Colleen, my cacti babies are weathering the cold and wet very well. Thanks for the tip anout watering. A kind someone mentioned that over on the cactus thread too. I like the small dwarf sanseviera. Looks a bit like a bromeliad.
I am still watching my bromeliad flower bud. It is growing but very slowly.
I am off to do some washing but it won't be going out on the line in case that wind picks up again. I can hang it on the clothes horse under the wall heater. Dries really well there.
Hello to eveyone else out there. I hope you are all going to have a great weekend in your gardens.
Enjoy this Raspberry Cheesecake.
Jean.