Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Not such a good morning here as we have showers again after a pleasant day yesterday. I still cannot finish the weeding. I'll just have to have patience and wait fro more sun. One thing about the irises though, they are tough and the weeds won't bother them too much. You don't damage the roots even if the weeds are large..
I have my first ranunculus out so it's definitely spring. I did get a bit of tidying up done yesterday. I have a nice Pride of Madeira that was growing quite wide and taking over a path so I moved the path a bit. The Angels are looking like they need a feed so their spring/summer diet of fertilisers will start soon . I was talking about the irises yesterday to hubby and he said they look like they need more room so I am allowed to invade a corner of his paddock. He has his aerials out there and there is miles of copper wire running all over the paddock from them. I can have a large space as long as I don't break the wires. As if I would do that. Hmmmm. The wires are under the ground now as they have been down for years and gradually get covered by soil and grass. If I do happen to put the shovel through one, who would know. Ha ha. The area is on a slight slope so drainage will be good. The only thing I have to check on is whether there is enough direct sun and for that I need the sun to come out. .
Hello Cody. Have a great day . Hope all your geese etc are going okay.
Steve, sad about your grass tree. You will have to get a new baby now. Waiting to hear about the plan ?????
Chrissy, I did the same thing with my tree fern and it is doing great now. Thanks for the recipes.
Shelly , I have a package to send you. A weeks worth of freezing weather. Ha ha.. If I have to be cold , I want to share it. I don't want to be greedy keeping it all down here.
Going to move now , hubby wamts the computer for a while. Man mail with his radio mates.
Have a great day and enjoy the sun if you have it.
I'm leaving you all some Cinnamon Buns.
Jean.