Clematis: Hardwick Hall Mid Summer , 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Hardwick Hall Mid Summer

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hardwick Hall Mid Summer
ClematisGuru wrote:
here is the pkt of fertlizer that goes with the ross root feeder.
the good news about the prize rose formula is that it is 15-25-10. if you are like me, there are times fertilizing products seem confusing. actually we are lucky with the standardization of the n p k in the US, not sure if that is a global standardization. recently i read of something that will forever eliminate confusion, at lease it has done the trick for me.
remember the following UP< DOWN< ALL AROUND. the up is the first number (above the ground benefit) the down is the middle number, (meaning roots or underground benefit), and the third is the all around ()meaning good benefit to the total plant health). i think i read this on another site or somewhere and it just stuck with me, a friend who owns a nursery was here for dinner last night and he thought it was a good rhyme, he had never heard it and he said very helpful to people , so that is why i am sharing it. here is a pic of the ross root feeder fertilzer that goes in feeder.
the other news is that you can use a liquid of any type in the feeder for light underground delivery, but more on that over the next few weeks after i have some results form my test to report on.