Clematis: Hardwick Hall Mid Summer , 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

Subject: Hardwick Hall Mid Summer

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Hardwick Hall Mid Summer
ClematisGuru wrote:
Well, it is the mid season here. we have had a LOT of rain. that's good and bad. many plants are too wet, blooms do not last long. There are bugs. Have been busy pruning, nipping and tucking on plants and fertlizing. Have some things to share with you.
I'll start right out with the fertilizing system I am testing. It is called the Ross Root Feeder, model 1200C. There is a product for "Prize Roses" i am using. This system applies the fertlizer under the ground. you can also deliver water under ground directly to the root area. it puts well over a gallon a minute according to the company. (i am going to measure the output of water from the unit with my water pressure sometime and will report it) Yesterday i used the system and prize rose product on about 50 clems, all in one garden. (if i kill the clems at lease i can redesign the whole garden) i used it on young plants and mature plants.
i felt confident as the ground was saturated and if i was in error about the quantity to apply or the placement felt like odds would be more forgiving with the wet wet soil. I am not encouraging anyone else to jump into this yet, until i see the results. but all the plants i did 24 hours ago look good this morning. it was easy to use and fast.
i think the "horticultural guy" may be carrying them, even tho they are not on his site yet. i will post the complete set of instructions for how i adapted it for clems if i see that it has a good result over the next couple of weeks and if any of you are interested.
this is what it looks like.