Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. I just lost my entire post. Grrrrrr.
We are having a problem with Firefox crashing randomly still and this time the darn thing has picked DG to throw me out of.
I am not going to do all that typing again. I will just say hello and go away and sulk for a while.
No not really, I am not the sulking sort.
I will have another go and hope it stays put.
It is a sunny morning here after a miserable wet day yesterday. Hubbys sister and her husband came up for a visit so that passed the afternoon in a nice way..
I may get out and do a bit of weeding if the day stays fine.
Hello Chrissy. A yard full of workers again ? You will be busy.
Hello Colleen. We used to get some of the larger raptors here when the bush rats were more plentiful We would have eagles and kites sitting up on hubbys radio tower watching for a meal. Now with the dry, the bush rats are all gone and so are the bigger birds. We still see facons and kestrels, but only a few.
Its so nice to watch all the birds around the garden.
You asked about the Zantes and arums. My black arum ( more a very dark burgundy ) is as far as I know Arum Paleastinum. It flowers at the same time as the common white arum and Green Goddess.
The Zantedeschias are usually called Calla Lilies ( but aren't ) and bloom a lot later in the year. They have all died down now. They were a mystery to me until I looked them up on the internet. Amazing what you can find on the net.
Shelly, with all your warm weather you should have a jungle in no time up there.
I like to wander around in the spring when the garden is really growing and hubby has to come and look for me among the plants.
Hello Steve. Glad you came out from hiding under the table. We are waiting for your photos of the table and other projects. You will be lonely up there on the roof without the possums.
Hello to everyone else on and anyone watching.
if you look over on the Angel thread, you will see that we have found we are linked to a sister site of Daves and lots of people are viewing what we have to say.
We'll have to watch our Ps and Qs won't we ?
I'm going out to enjoy the sun so will leave you all something nice to nibble on .. Apple Strudel.
have a great day,
Jean.