Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone.
Misyt rain this morning or a very low wet cloud. Yesterday was a mixed bag with a few sprinkles between sunny patches. I did manage to get half the iris bed weeded. (sort of anyway) it was very wet and gluggy so pulling out weeds was also pulling out wet clods. The iris are all growing well now. They are funny things here as they tend to die down during late summer early autumn then put on new growth which then dies off in the cold wet winter. Now the new spring growth will hopefully go on from here .
Ther isn't much else to do out there but watch for all the lovely spring surprises. .
I have some baby hellebores coming up and a lily that I put in a pot last year and have no idea of what it is. My balck arums are going well now and the zantedeschias are all done. I have 2 seed pods from the zantes but I never did it . As they are in the enclosed shade house, I have no idea what did the job or whether they are just self pollinating.
I will leave the seed pods sitting on a pot and see if anything happens.
Hello Cody, as always a beautiful flower, enjoy your day.
Shelly, what great photos. I wish I could figure out half of what my camera does.
Hello Colleen, like Chrissy, I love jungles. So much more intersting than that tailored look. I have seen some wonderful 'tidy' gardens but prefer mine to be 'organised chaos'.
You are going to have such fun planting all those goodies.
I think this is why I buy the odd plant because of the planting and watching something new.
Hello to everyone else.
I see Steve has found his way down from the roof or was he, as someone suggested, hiding under a table in the Tea Room ?
Brian, I think we know where the missing wine has been going.
I will leave something tasty out for you all. An old favorite, Lemon Slice
Enjoy the day and remember workers, it's Friday tomorrow, then 2 whole days for you to go mad in the garden.
Jean.