Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Fruits and Nuts: Save my Blueberries....please..., 1 by yotedog

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright yotedog

Subject: Save my Blueberries....please...

Forum: Fruits and Nuts

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Save my Blueberries....please...
yotedog wrote:
Recently noticed my 'Patriot' blueberry bushes are looking bad. In the space of about two weeks, one bush has started losing tons leaves and branches. The stems seem to be dying back from the tips, and several whole branches are dead. Not sure if all of them die from the tips, but definitely some. Also noticed some strange looking brown bumps at the leaf axils. The spots on the leaves are yellow tinged with red or simply brown (dead) areas ringed with yellow. One bush affected so far, and the one next to it is starting now. These bushes have been healthy for the last four years, but I did notice that the most affected bush did not produce very heavily this year. Thought it might be just recovering from last year's drought, but maybe not? I've got other bushes, different cultivars, about 30 yards away that are not affected, but I have lost several rose bushes and three junipers this year in a similar fashion, i.e. tips die back and whole branches die. Those plants were in the vicinity, but not too near these bushes. See the pics below, Help!

This message was edited Jul 28, 2009 9:59 PM