Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Vigna caracalla questions, 1 by PudgyMudpies

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright PudgyMudpies

In reply to: Vigna caracalla questions

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Vigna caracalla questions
PudgyMudpies wrote:
Lovely Carena,
Tell me, has yours been that dark of a purple the whole season? The beginning of the blooming season (August here) the flowers were all coming out more of a pinkish purple, (see picture) but now that it is winding down, they are the deep lavender like yours. Would be interested in know if yours did the same. I also have the solid purple like yours, Jenks. The only way I can tell them apart, is the depth of green in the leaves. My cream/purple has light lime color leaves and the solid purple has dark sage green leaves. Of course, that could just be mine.
Terry, I would take cuttings AND dig it up and move. This is one that you don't ever want to lose, and I have found that the ants that pollinate never quite get it done. So you cannot count on seeds. Nobody else I know that grows these has EVER gotten seeds either, so I finally decided to put down granules when I realized that the ants were actually gnawing off the buds at the base.