Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 43, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 43

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 43
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. It sounds as if you all had a good weekend. The day turned out fairly well yesterday here.
The breeze died down for a while and I was at last able to spray my Roundup on the worst areas of weeds. We had a very heavy shower of rain around 6pm ( 16 points in 2 mins) Thank goodness it waited until late and not just after I sprayed. The garden is full of green and I am really looking forward to spring.
Dalfyre, I love hellebores. Mine are all blooming beautifully and I just bought 2 more.
I took seeds last year which are coming up now.
Chrissy, I keep getting thrown out of the Tea Room too. Firefox has taken to throwing me out 2 or 3 times before it settles down. It used to do it on eBay but stopped. I have tried everything to find out how to fix it but I guess it doesn't like our virus protection software. They just won't agree to live together. The problems started when we put the new versions of Firefox and Trend in . Funny they got along okay before that. Oh well , we'll see what happens later in the year when we put the next version in.
Sue, keep an eye on those spikes in future. That looks like it was very painful. Roses can sometimes do the same thing.
That cute thief of yours is not one of our babies. Ours are nearly all white backs down here. Funny how the birds in some areas have different color patterns.
Ours like the coconut fibre too and I usually hang a piece on the clothesline. We have another magpie ( we think, as we haven't caught her at it yet ) that is stealing more copper wire. It's not our Mrs Bird as she has started sitting. This thief has been coming into the sheds and taking rolls of copper wire from the boxes and buckets hubby keeps it in. These are loose rolls about as big as your palm. We are forever picking up the rolls as they are too much for the bird to take. I found one hanging over the clothes line where the bird must have perched with it then dropped it and picked it up a few times. It was wound around the line. I will put them all away as we don't want to find a bird hanging in a tree by some wire.
I'd really like to see the nests.
Hello Colleen. I love the butcher bird song but we don't get them here at all. I used to enjoy them when I lived at Bright , when they would come down and serenade me for food.
Better get to it and put out something nice for everyone. Luckliy I have not been thrown out yet so I will hurry.
Have a great week everyone and keep warm.
Try some of this warm Apple Cake with a bit of custard.
Jean.