Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Spinning, Sox and local Flox of Sheepses (and sparkles), 1 by Catscan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Catscan

In reply to: Spinning, Sox and local Flox of Sheepses (and sparkles)

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spinning, Sox and local Flox of Sheepses (and sparkles)
Catscan wrote:
Hi everyone! I am Iowa Chick. I hid in the box of finely spun yarn that Mistress Moxon sent to the....interesting...woman in CA. The wool was so soft and warm that I felt quite at home the whole way, just like under Mamma's wing. There were a couple books and some rhubarb ginger jam in a jar that were a little worrying...but I made it safely.

The woman was so excited to get the yarn that she kept laughing and smiling like a lunatic. My Aunty Pekoe, who is a very aristocratic old line Nankin, said that this is entirely unlike her. But they are all relieved that she is busy knitting again and will stay out of trouble for the time being.

Here is a picture of Aunty Pekoe and some of my cousins...six of them are Aunty's and their Papa is a Japanese Bantam. Two are adopted, they are Serama, but they look just like their adopted siblings and everyone acts like one big happy family. They are currently house chickens...Aunty is so genteel she hardly seems to fit in a chicken yard. But Aunty says it is time for the little ones to move out to learn about the real world. The tall man who lives here agrees with her.