Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Divine socks, auras, spinning, and other assorted chatter, 1 by DrDoolotz

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DrDoolotz

In reply to: Divine socks, auras, spinning, and other assorted chatter

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Divine socks, auras, spinning, and other assorted chatter
DrDoolotz wrote:
My mother knitted me a scarf....she said it caused her much frustration, but of course, being her only child, she did it cuz she loves me and all that. You know, how it is, seeing as you're a mother too. I think she's gone on a knitting hiatus now, because when she visited last time I showed her how to do wet felting. She was quite taken with it....I think she's doing placemats now. It allows her the freedom to express her creative side and not have to use her reading glasses for reading patterns in small print.

It's OK, you, me, the pointy things and Steph, we're all in this together...flowing with the fiber....feeling the crimp....

Nobody else I know would ever consider knitting a cardigan. That is far too large and complicated....I mean....it has sleeves and everything! A couple of people in my spinning guild know how to do cables. The rest of us sort of sit in an awed and awkward silence, feeling clumsy. I knitted a square, well, a rectangle really. Except, I haven't figured out how to cast off yet, so it's been on that needle for about 2 months. I'm such a noob.

(ooooh, what's that box in the background of that picture?!)