Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #42, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #42

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM   #42
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. An early day today. With the moon so large and bright at the moment, I keep waking and think it's daylight , time to get up. I got sick of lying there this morning so ended up out of bed early. Hubby wondered what I was doing . I have always been up at daylight and it seems that the older I get , the less sleep I need. Can't get out in the garden in the dark though. Shopping today and we are off to Mt Gambier. I expect to find at least one plant that needs me.
We had a bit of excitement here yesterday when the neighbors borrowed bull. got out. It has been bellowing for days , looking for cows. They got the darn thing in to mate with their cows but I am afraid , they know little about cattle. It is such a large creature and simply walked thriugh the pitiful bit of fence near their shed. Of course our gate is right near there so he marched in. Luckily hubby saw him and knowing about bulls was able to help the neighbor eventually get him out. At least he stayed along the fenceline looking for the cows and did little damage here. I would have been very angry if he had ruined anything. He is a very big Murray Grey which are not known for their gentleness, but this one has been well handled by the owners . Even so, he was getting a bit stroppy in the end. One does wonder at people who get animals in and don't know how to look after them properly.
He was heading for the road after going from here , which could have caused a nasty accident. He decided to try the farm across the road. I see him back in his paddock now but for how long. We are keeping our front gate shut now.
Hello Colleen, cute kids but you keep them there. I'm long past the small persons stage.
Shelly and Mya, I think it's mean of you to gloat about the warm weather when my toes and fingers are frozen.
I love whales. they come into the harbour down at Portland during the year.
Those little 'darlings' would have run home crying if the koala had defended itself. If they do things like that now, what will they do later as they grow up ?
Chrissy, keep warm there and have lots of that tasty soup.
Hello gardengal. I suppose you are hogging some of that lovely warm weather too.
Hello Sue, I don't do games either, I like to do my crosswords instead. Hubby will play games for ages on the computer though.
Hello to everyone else.
Keep well and enjoy your day.
Have some delicious Apple Tart
Jean.