Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: creative clematis supports, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: creative clematis supports

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of creative clematis supports
ClematisGuru wrote:
lucked into some new creative supports today. posted them on the hardwick hall more summer blooms thread. thought i should loop back here and post. these are christmas towers from grapevines that a local nursery sold with lights on them, these were left form last year, they gave me 66% off and removed the lights..i got 3, 2 huge 6+feet and one 4 ft. plan to grow multiple clems on each. they had no more or i would have bought them. they are grapevines around a trianglar pressure treated wood trellis....i think they will offer quite a few years of rustic support to clems.
i saw them to the side and rear of a nursery and asked if they wanted t get rid of them.
i feel i lucked out, but maybe there are more nurserys out there with stuff they want to get rid of.....i always look around in the back area and never hesitate to ask for a discount on something they obvously are over stocked on or may not want.
will be spring 2010 till they are covered with clematis vines, but that is right around the corner.....