Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: More Disabled Gardeners, Laughing with Joy ..., 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: More Disabled Gardeners, Laughing with Joy ...

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of More Disabled Gardeners, Laughing with Joy ...
Amargia wrote:
(Jim) Just checked out your garden diary, Scraps. Want to come do the construction at Amargia when you are finished there? LOL.

A previous owner cut down all the old oaks and pecans here because she thought they were "too messy." It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut when she said that. She left only the evergreens, pines and red cedars. Like pines aren't messy!

I am looking forward to starting on the wooded section on the south side this fall. I've been exploring there. I found a very old concrete trough buried under some potato briar. DW tells me it was once the watering trough for their cattle. I have been entertaining myself trying to think of what plants would look best in it.

Also, I found the perfect tree for a tree house. When I married, I acquired 5 grandchildren. Being a grandpa is a blast, even if it is exhausting. The grandchildren have decided, however, that since I married their "Mimi," that makes me "Pipi." I think I WILL work on changing their minds about that. (Jim) A purple canna lily in bloom