Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: My Maine "Vacation", 1 by rcn48

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rcn48

In reply to: My Maine "Vacation"

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My Maine "Vacation"
rcn48 wrote:
Finally, by Sunday morning at 8 AM we were done! I don't think I would have been able to finish if Rick hadn't arrived on Friday :) Even though we weren't able to do any planting on Friday when they received almost 4" of rain, we dug in immediately when we returned from CMBG late Saturday afternoon and worked until dark, once again in the rain :( This was the last planting accomplished Sunday morning by the steps to their back door. Another Arborvitae (Thuja occidentalis) was planted as a "corner" with a beautiful pink flowering Mountain Laurel, Kalmia 'Sarah' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/80188/ that Emily couldn't resist buying :) Siberian Irises, an unknown variety which had also been planted in my Maine gardens, was planted with Lily of the Valley at their base and a large Bleeding Heart in the corner. The Daylilies were a gift from their realtor and even though I had plans to plant them along the border of the driveway we hastily dug the holes and included them here - we ran out of time!

All things considered, only a week to pull it off and the miserable weather we had to deal with, we were all pleased with what we accomplished. Rick's already making suggestions for what I can plant "when" I get back there next year :) It's really tough to plan any time away when we're so busy but I'm already looking forward to another trip north and next year maybe we'll have a little more time to relax! LOL