Clematis: A few pics from a beginner, 1 by Sharkey

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sharkey

In reply to: A few pics from a beginner

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of A few pics from a beginner
Sharkey wrote:
Yes, he can be quite a clown sometimes. But, he was right. The scars are just beginning to heal on my arms and I avoided going to a wedding, as I think I forgot how to dress for public. I now prefer the gardener look, although he probably doesn't. My little toddler grandchild that just left an hour ago kept looking at my hair and saying "Uh-oh." I didn't know it looked THAT bad.

Here is another pic of the one that has the white stripe that you were curious about. I took it this a.m. when little one was helping me water. She got more water on her than on the clems. It has two blooms. The one on the right has a touch of white as well and looks redder than the other. Can you verify that this is Rouge Cardinal? You can't see the SSV vine planted with it, but it has only been in the ground less than a week.

Two wks ago I planted a VDL from SSV along with my VDL liner that had been potted up for a few months. Today I noticed that Debbie's vine is now larger than my liner. Not surprising, though.