Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: Sapphire Indigo Clematis, 1 by ClematisGuru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ClematisGuru

In reply to: Sapphire Indigo Clematis

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sapphire Indigo Clematis
ClematisGuru wrote:
good news. i have 2 gallon plants of this cultivar (saphyra indigo) arriving to a nursery near me within the next two weeks! i was taken with the pic and info you linked us to. a nursery near here carries some monrovia, tho not usually clems, and they have located two and have them coming in soon!
so good to know that monrovia has them and cooperated and is shipping.....
i don't like planting this time of year, but i can make sure it is well watered when i am out of town.
i was lucky enough to be able to replace my beloved marmori that did not show up this year..blooms beyond compare...2 of them arrived this week and have to be planted too so i guess this is the year of planting clems in the summer....marmori was breathtaking in beauty and i guess it was not hardy enough to survive our very hard winter of 08-09. i will plant these 2 somewhere else in the event the other one does show up i will know it, holding her real estate for another year just in case.

thanks for those who posted about the sapyra clem and monrovia connection that enabled me to get one special ordered......will let you all know what size of root it is with in the gallon when i receive it! this is marmori from last year, off topic for the thread,but at least you can see what i am drooling over with this beauty. this shot does have sepal turned under, but you can still see what a nice clem it is , i am lucky to have gotten it back.