Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: An introduction and a few pics, 1 by Jennie_in_MT

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Jennie_in_MT

Subject: An introduction and a few pics

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of An introduction and a few pics
Jennie_in_MT wrote:
Hi all. My name is Jennie and I live in extreme north central Montana. Nearly 17 years ago (time flies) my hubby and I purchased an old farmhouse in a townsite that only had 8 other houses. It is fast becoming a ghosttown - no school, no gas, no post office, nothing. Once here, I discovered a love of gardening and landscaping. We have a 4000gal garden pond, a greenhouse, a hoophouse, a flock of barnyard critters, and lots of green things growing. I love the cottage garden/shabby chic look, and we have added a lot of arbors and pergolas, covered our patio, etc and I would love to have them all sprawling with clems.
My clematis success has been mixed but I have learned as I have gone on. My oldest clem is a macropetalata called Bluebird. I have 2 that I can't ID (c. 1996), 2 Etoile Rose (2007), a Petit Faucon (2007), Pink Champagne (2008), and 2 jackmanii (c. 2001). This year I lost my Warsaw Nike and Josephine to a hard winter and a June 6th snow.
I am an RN and work varied shifts. My hubby works for a grain company. We hope to adopt in the future, but in the meantime have 3 dogs that we adore. I love DIY projects - for my 40th birthday, Thadd got me a cordless drill!
This is the view out my front door about 300 yards...