Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 41, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 41

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 41
wrote:
Hi ...better late than ever ...here is the osso bucco (lamb shanks) in the crockpot :-)
http://www.recipezaar.com/Osso-Bucco-2575
Golly I recall mum used to have the lamb shanks thrown in free with her meat order ...ha ha ha not any more! osso bucco is fit for a King.
Corn flour sponge is the best (passionfruit sponge ...food fit for the Queen).
Still raining ...fog until about 10 this morning ...quite mild temps though, altogether quite a nice day but I had to help hubby again so no gardening.
Marleneanne the datura seeds from you have given me two teensy plants but no blooms, the singles from Jean bloomed at quite a small size and have continued to do so ...dropping many seeds from the split seed cases. They may live through the winter. Good luck with yours ...hopefully they will set many fresh seeds for you.
KK very interesting about the grass ...I don't know what kind it is but the garden it came from had it all along the front fence ...like a pretty hedge, the shape was fountain shape and the seed heads were on 3ft stems with the heads themselves looking like purple smoke, it was all waving gently in the breeze and the growth beneath was very attractive and uniform, nice and thick with the tips all the same thick and uniform height ...it looked very beautiful and was a really tranquil scene.There are long thin black seeds within the plumes ...I guess I will just germinate them in a polystyrene box to see if I can get "plugs" to transfer into the garden.
Well off to prepare dinner, I am starving ...had no time to eat since 8 this morning.Enjoy your evening everyone.
PS I am managing to keep my broms alive ...Sue and Leisa will be proud.