Accessible Gardening: Disabled Gardeners Still Laughing With Joy, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Disabled Gardeners Still Laughing With Joy

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Disabled Gardeners  Still Laughing With Joy
Amargia wrote:
Scraps, Smart lady. We are always trying to find ways to reduce the work load here. We all know Amargia is getting by now mostly on my DW’s over abundant energy. But, she always says what will determine whether or not Amargia is a success will be how well it survives after she is gone. All this work is to set up an easy to maintain system in which we will be working with nature, instead of always struggling to control it. That is all well and good, but I think we have hit our limit on the amount of land we can manage. When we sold a few acres of the property on our western side, I was actually looking forward to having more of my DW’s time. Then, we were given twice that amount of land on our south side. I am for keeping the new parcel in a semi-wild state. In the south there are so many attractive “weeds,” why not go with that? There are mature magnolias there. And, old oaks draped with Spanish moss. My vote is Southern Woodland. It will be decided in fall. A daylily like a multi-petaled version of the below?

Yes, Cando and Carrie, my dearly beloved is rather well known locally for “having a mouth on her,” as they say here. She is a sweetheart 90% of the time. But, she considers bullies or mean spirited people fair game. She has decided to try to change her image. They are taking bets at the local diner on how long “Sissy Kay” can keep her tongue under control. Carrie, Stephen King says he could not tell a story verbally, no matter how much money they offered him.