Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Helenium Mardi Gras ENJOY!, 1 by jep2075

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jep2075

In reply to: Helenium Mardi Gras ENJOY!

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Helenium Mardi Gras   ENJOY!
jep2075 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your kind words.. considering we are the only ones who actually know how hard we work for those perfect flowers! kqcrna... I absolutely love your planting in the middle of the lawn! It's one of my favorite things to see and most of the time it does not even cross peoples minds to do it... it adds great depth and color.

As it all comes back to me I got them from a local nursery that specilizes in the harder to find things. I just thought it looked cool so I bought it. It had no blooms on it at all... this was early May and not until last week did it start blooming. It's all coming back to me now, I bought the Mardi Gras along with one Gaillardia Amber wheels which is supposedly new for this season. Both plants where about 4 ft tall with no blooms when I got them. The Amber Wheels bloomed first and I almost fell over because it was so beautiful!! For you local members (ngam & pennefeather) Mahoney's is where I got those... (big surprise huh?) The best part its that they where only about $12 each for a big plant that is producing outstanding blooms. Mahoney's is usually completely overpriced but sometimes you find things that are priced right or close to it. I know there are like 5 or 6 different Mahoney's in Boston area so you can check out the web site to find the closesest one to you. I go to the one in Brighton, which is actually the smallest of them all. The all have different stuff and you never know what you will find. http://www.mahoneysgarden.com/Locations.aspx I would call ahead first then go so you dont waste your time. Here is a picture of the Gallardia Amber Wheels I was telling you about. Enjoy!