Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Coneflowers: Burpee coneflowers, 1 by amorecuore

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright amorecuore

In reply to: Burpee coneflowers

Forum: Coneflowers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Burpee coneflowers
amorecuore wrote:
I'm not very happy when things are mislabeled also. The reason I start them inside is to eliminate the issues of seeds being moved by rain and/or wind. Most times when I'm looking for additional information on how to sew various types of flower seed I'll look up the flower variety on Thompson & Morgans website. They are one of the few online retailers that list the seed sewing directions online for each various flower. The general rule is if it says "needs light for germination" then its a seed you do not cover. I grow my own snapdragons because I much prefer the tall cutting varieties and it's practically impossible to buy the taller varieties as plants down here. It's always the shorter border varieties available for purchase. The best performing taller variety for me has been the "Rocket Series" of snapdragons. I'm really not sure if pansy seeds come true from seed. I would think they do, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

Here's a photo of some of the Rocket Series snaps I grew from seed. This is "Rocket Bronze" and "Rocket Pink"