Accessible Gardening: Disabled Gardeners Still Laughing With Joy, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Disabled Gardeners Still Laughing With Joy

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Disabled Gardeners  Still Laughing With Joy
Amargia wrote:
That sounds cool, Scraps. And, so much less work and more creative than what we are doing. People expect odd things at Amargia. We are far enough off the beaten path that we can get away with just about whatever we want to do. No home owners association or anything like that. Man, did I hate those. I read a horror story by Dean R. Koontz called "The Association." Koontz did a good job of expressing my opinions on such organizations.

I now regret the way I teased Nadi when she started culinary school up north last winter. In her 21 years, she had no experience with driving in snow and such things. She kept calling me to ask what she was supposed to do. Now she is calling to rub it in how cool and comfortable she is.. They are predicting the actual temp will be over 100 on Saturday.

And, I will never hassle Kay about her tropicals or Mindy about her wildflowers again. These plants are withstanding the heat. Amargia still looks O.K, while most places are getting that heat fatigued and wilted look.

I have decided the others are having all together too much fun with my vacuuming my Lab, so I am going to take the clippers to her today.